ARRIVE AT CHANDIGARH & PROCEED TO SHIMLA (120 KM / 4-5 HRS.)
- Upon arrival at Chandigarh Airport, we drive to Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh. This beautiful
hill resort was the erstwhile summer capital of the British. It is one of the top tourist destinations in India
owing to its mild climate, meandering streets and snow-clad mountains. Often referred to as the 'Queen
of Hill Stations’, Shimla is perched at a height of around 2000 meters above sea level. Besides its natural
beauty, what attracts hordes of tourists to this place is the opportunity to indulge in various adventure
activities, such as trekking, mountaineering, and skiing. Once you reach Shimla, complete the check-in
formalities at the hotel and take some rest. Stay overnight at the hotel.
SHIMLA TO SANGLA ( 230 KM / 8 – 9 HRS)
- Drive to Sangla through the thick woods of Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda and alongside the River Sutlej to
arrive in the evening and check in to hotel. Enjoy the evening in beautiful surroundings in the river valley
of Baspa at a height of 9000ft. This is one of the most beautiful valleys in the Himalayas and is often
compared to the famous valley of Kashmir. Known for its rich Kinnauri culture and apple orchards, this
valley was opened for tourists only in 1993 for its close proximity to the Tibetien border. Stay overnight
at the hotel.
SANGLA- CHHITKUL- SANGLA (STAY) (3 HRS /40 KM)
- After B/F, explore the vicinity around including an ancient Kamru Fort & Temple dedicated to the Goddess
Kamakhya Devi which was brought from Assam & Nages God. Post Lunch, excursion to Chitkul – a last
Village on Old Indo – Tibetan Trade Route. Walk through green orchards & brilliant stream. Return back
to Sangla. Stay overnight at the hotel.
SANGLA-NAKO – TABO
- Morning after breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Tabo. On the way visit Nako. Nako has a
beautiful lake which freezes in the winter and villagers play ice hockey during this period and seeing the
temple of Padamsambhava, the second incarnation of lord Buddha who made Buddhism popular in the
Trans Himalayas. The day has a surprise where a visit to the village of 5oo years old mummy makes
your journey and exciting. Later drive to Tabo. Overnight hotel.
TABO – DHANKAR MONASTRY - KAZA: (106 KM/4 HOURS)
- After breakfast journey starts to witness the Ajanta of Himalayas the Tabo monastery. Tabo has the
oldest caves on barren mountains and Thanka paintings, one of the most precious paintings of Buddhism.
Later visit Dhankar Monastry and drive to Kaza. Overnight Stay.
KAZA LOCAL + CHICHIM BRIDGE - KUNZUM PASS EXCURSION
- After breakfast excursion to Kee monastery and Kibber village at an altitude of 4205M. and drive upto
Chichim Bridge , Kunzum Pass - Kunzumla Pass which is 4590 M. highest pass on Spiti Lahaul Road.
Rudyard Kipling said of the region “Surely the God live here this no place for Men”. Later come back to
Kaza. Overnight Stay at Kaza.
- After breakfast a drive to the highest motorable roar Langza and enroute visiting the Comik and Hikim
village. Later drive to Tabo. Overnight Stay at Tabo.
- After breakfast , check-out from the Hotel & drive to Kalpa – District Headquarter of Kinnar & once a
favorite haunt of Lord Dalhousie. Arrive Kalpa & Check-in to your Hotel. Kalpa is famous for its Apples &
Chilgoza Plantations [a kind of Dry Fruits], which are found only in Iran & Turkey besides here.
The tree belongs to the Pine Family & the fruit is in about an inch long soft cover. Visit to local School &
Narayan Nagini Temple Complex, which has Shrines of Hindu, Buddhist & local Deities. In evening visit
to Buddhist Gompa – Hu Bu Lan Kar. Overnight at the hotel.
KALPA –SHIMLA (10 HRS)
- After breakfast checkout from hotel and drive to Shimla. Overnight at the hotel.
SHIMLA TO CHANDIGARH: (125 KM / 4 HRS)
- After breakfast checkout from hotel and drive to Chandigarh. Drop at Chandigarh Airport/Railway Station.